1914 – Civics Institute of Ireland Competition Entry

Architect: Donnelly & Moore

The Dublin Town Planning Competition was held in 1914, with the aim to “elicit Plans and Reports of a preliminary and suggestive character,

1720s – Mountilly, Buncrana, Co. Donegal

George Vaughan built Buncrana Castle in 1718 on the original site of the town. Vaughan relocated the town to its present location,

1952 – Franciscan Friary, Rossnowlagh, Co. Donegal

Architects: Downes, Meehan & Robson

Designed by Dublin firm Downes, Meehan & Robson, a much smaller abbey than their design for the Norbertines at Kilnacrott in Cavan a few years earlier.

1963 – St. Vincent’s Hospital, Elm Park, Dublin

Architects: Downes, Meehan & Robson

St. Vincent’s Hospital was established by Mother Mary Aikenhead, founder of the Catholic order Religious Sisters of Charity,

1930 – Guinness Mahon and Co. Bankers, 16 College Green, Dublin

Architect: Robert Donnelly / Donnelly, Moore & Keatinge

Guinness Mahon & Company’s premises at 16-17 College Green, rebuilt by G.

1902 – Railway Station, Ballymoney, Co. Antrim

Architect: Berkeley Deane Wise

Originally opened by the Ballymena, Ballymoney, Coleraine and Portrush Junction Railway on 4 December 1855.

1976 – Former ESB Building, The Mall, Waterford

Built on the site of Bishop Foy School which closed in 1967. Constructed in a modernist style the building was the first of its kind in Waterford with retail and office space.

1880 – Parochial House, Stranorlar, Co. Donegal

Attractive former parochial house with a statue niche above the front door and carved decoration, the use of ashlar detailing makes elevates it above many in rural Ireland.

1769 – Competition Design for the Royal Exchange, Dublin

Architect: Thomas Sandby

A second entry by English architect Thomas Sandby in a competition to design a Royal Exchange for Dublin.

1881 – St. Thomas’s National Schools, Windsor Ave., Belfast

Architect: Edward Nevill Banks

Now demolished, this school was constructed in red brick.
“These schools have been erected in the suburbs of Belfast in connection with St.